Since my sister in law introduced me to pumpkin patches 2 years ago I have decided to share in her tradition of going to a pumpkin patch and taking video and pictures and buying the family pumpkin and jumping on hay bales. well this year scheduling seemed to be a little bit of an issue. Since most of them are only open on saturdays and I wanted the pumpkin to last through Halloween I decided on the weekend before Halloween which also happens to be full of other activities such as Giff and Giffs birthday! Happy birthday boys and stake conference, not to mention a few other activities that couldn't be rescheduled. So, I decided to look for one close to home and found this one. Wendy was so sweet and came along (after making sure Giff was taken care of of course) to be my personal photographer. It would have been crazy without her.
But then natalie began to be suspicious because I had told them it would be a long drive and there would be animals, hay rides, treats, tractors, corn and pig races.
When all she saw were pumpkins and shopping carts she questioned us. So I must confess we decided not to drive 45 min. to have super awesome pictures and feed the animals and instead went down the street to whole foods where they have a whole pumpkin patch scene set up. Robby continued to be happy and Natalie was soon swayed (bribed) into liking the pumpkins because we told her we could take them home. All in all a great trip to our locally grown and set up pumpkin patch. 
I wonder how much longer I will be able to get away with this makeshift pumpkin patch. Little innocent kids are the best!
The colors of fall add so much! I am so happy we are into the holiday season. Thanks again Wendy and Giff for helping me out all the time and making my life so much easier. You ease my burdens so often.
12 comments:
Your pumpkin patch outing probably went much better than ours did. I should have gone to the local grocer too. I can't believe how big your kids are getting, they are so cute! I can't wait to see them in person (hint, hint we need to get together soon). By the way, you are supposed to show sooner with kid number three, its a rule. Totally not fair, you look great, I was showing at like 8 weeks with Daniel. I'm not exaggerating either!
How fun!! I had no idea that was at Wholefoods! LOL! you are the greatest. Kids are the best for those kinds of things- where they just don't really care! Cute pics!
Wow Jess, you posted that so fast! I think you're a genius to think of such a great pumpkin patch so close, easy and picturesque. Lots of customers took note and I hope the Whole Foods people aren't inundated with photo op seekers! Great job and thanks to you for making our life so rich and full with your great attitude and gorgeous children!!! We love you, Mimi and Papi
Hey, I bet it was a lot less stressful than our trip to the patch! Hey and, look at you... so on the ball. I was trying to update my blog list with Houston friends and I see you already have me on your list! It's been so fun getting to know you guys!
adoable and such a great idea- I think I might do the same with Austin this weekend!!
Who knew Whole Foods had that set up? Cute pictures of the kids. I too love pumpkin patches and am trying to find time to take my girls to one...Whole Foods here we come.
Even though you already told me this story, I enjoyed reading it again :)
Cute patch pictures and waaaaay cute maternity skirt! (You don't look anywhere near needing it!)
sooooooooooooooooooo cute! im taking credit for all of these adorable pics! if it werent for me, you would never have known what a pumpkin patch is! haha! seriously though, what a cute little display! robby and natalie are just the most adorable little kiddos! i cannot believe how grown up natalie is and that she can even understand when you dont follow through on your promises! haha! so cute! cant wait to be together again! maddox misses his cousins and i miss you!
I don't think I've ever been to a pumpkin patch. I'll have to go to Whole Foods to get the experience! Cute pictures... and story!
Jess, you inspire me. What cute pictures- who would ever guess it was outside of Whole Foods? :) Robby and Natalie are so cute! I love them! We miss you guys!
Thanks for stalking me! That cracks me up! I stalk so many people, but I never knew you had a blog so now I'm excited to read yours! Cute pumpkin pics!
Post a Comment