Ok, Sunday was a fine day that started off with Rob having meetings and me making breakfast and talking on the phone. Then in the middle of my conversation with Wendy I had to abruptly hang up and figure out where the water from my ceiling vent downstairs was coming from. As I was getting a pan to catch the water in the bathroom I heard the living room start dripping from the ceiling and then and drip in another part of the living room. Now my pancakes are burnt and I am running out of pans, the dog is barking, Natalie is trying to play in the water from the ceiling and Robby is laughing at me and the pans all over our house. (and he is only in a towel because he had come to tell me that he was done with his bath.) Just as I had finished putting pans around and moving Natalie upstairs I realized that our "bathtub" that is really only a shower and has a 6" lip that comes up to keep the shower water going toward the drain had been left on when Robby came downstairs and the rag was over the drain! I turned off the water, drained the tub picked up the bath mat and went to get towels to clean it all up. The water kept dripping and there was no permanent damage. I only had to change Natalie into new church clothes and put the dog outside while I finished mopping all the floors in my house and drying out the edges of the carpet next to our bathroom. So much for keeping the Sabbath day holy. Church went was great and we all put a smile on our face as we ate our burnt pancakes. I just thought it was the perfect story for a blog because every mother can relate to those kinds of mornings. Also, I am so happy to have a blog because it has helped me to see things in a positive way. Take this story for example. It is WAY more entertaining than my normal routine which I would typically be sharing. I am sad to report there are no pictures of the flooded house but I do have a great picture of Robby swimming with a huge life preserver and goggles over Memorial weekend. He likes to dress himself.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Alexander and I have something in common
Posted by jessl at 7:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Great picture of Robby! What a cutie. What a way to start your Sunday. You are so patient. I would have been freaking out just a little.
What a bummer! I don't know what you're talking about though when you say all mother's can relate, my life is perfect! Can't you tell by my blog? lol! Hey at least all of your floors are clean now, not one of mine is!
That is sooo funny! I'm off to blog about my "flood" that happened yesterday now! Way to take it all in stride- I did NOT take mine in stride!:)
What a funny story!!! I do have to say, though, that only you could eat your burnt pancakes and then go to church with a smile on your face. You're awesome!
That is a great blog story! I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been so calm- you such a good mommy! and your picture was too cute!
What a cute picture! Sorry about your flood - way to go with the flow though.
You have such a good attitude about everything! Robby is such a cute little guy!
Dang, I wish you would have told me to come over and help! I've flooded houses on several occasions and it is NO FUN!!! Thanks for inviting us all to be real on our blogs. We all need each other!
Stories like that make all of us feel a little better! Lauren loved seeing the pictures of "LuLu's" cake! Love, Angie
I wish you would have told me you had a blog!!!!! Now I can stalk you! :)
Love you and Miss yoU!
Hey Wonder Jess
Can't wait for your next blog post. You are my hero! Love Mimi
That is a great blogging story! I found your blog from lindsey's. Can't wait to read more about your life!
Post a Comment